Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
- Propeller design and application engineering
- High level program management
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing across the foundry and machine shop
- Casting design and analysis, including gating design, mold and pattern designs and solidification analysis
- Advanced computational analysis, including 3D modelling, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), FEA, and optimization
Ideal candidates will have experience with:
- Hydrodynamic analysis and design experience
- Program management, PMP certification a plus
- Propeller design and analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis, in particular utilizing Star CMM+
- Manufacturing process development
- Foundry sciences
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, naval architecture preferred, but most engineering acceptable
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
This position will work as part of a closely knit team in a cross functional role to provide technical solutions to design and manufacturing challenges to our customers and within our foundry and manufacturing operations. Communication and organizational skills will be essential, as will an ability to independently identify needs and problem solve.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Days
Candidates must successfully complete a drug/alcohol screen.
Qualified candidates should send resumes and salary requirements to:
Michigan Wheel Marine
1501 Buchanan Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
No In Person Applications will be accepted.
Michigan Wheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Michigan Wheel Marine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.